Infection Prevention Measures
In order to maintain public health and avoid any spreading of the virus amid graduation ceremonies, graduates and guests are requested to pay attention to the following:
- Wearing facial masks and keeping social distancing all the time.
- Washing hands or using hand sanitizers frequently to keep you free from the virus.
- Measuring body temperature before entering the ceremonial grounds or live webcasting venues. Graduates and guests are advised to arrive earlier to avoid a large number of people lining up at the venue entrance. If graduates and/or guests show any respiratory symptoms or have a body temperature of 37.5 °C or higher, they would not be admitted to the venues and should seek medical advice immediately.
- Handshaking and photo taking with procession members on stage during the ceremony are restricted so as to avoid any close body contact.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed at the ceremonial grounds and live webcasting venues.
- CUHK canteens can only provide limited dine-in services in accordance with the Government’s anti-epidemic measures. Graduates and/or guests are advised to make meal arrangement outside campus if needed.
- Those graduates and/or guests outside Hong Kong coming for the graduation ceremony should plan ahead to arrive in Hong Kong at least 14 days prior to the event, and take necessary viral tests and/or undergo quarantine as required by the Government. For the latest measures and arrangements, please visit the Government’s website at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk.